The holidays are always supposed to bring such joy and happiness, but for me it just enhances the fact that one person is and always will be for the rest of our lives missing from the festivities.
Don't worry I don't get all super depressed hide myself in a hole, don't talk to anybody......I mean....just kidding ( no depression isn't a laughing matter, however if you don't laugh your life can be quite depressing).
I will share with you some Christmas/new years excitement just so you dont' think I am a big scrooge! ;)
J and I weren't going to do gifts this year, but he knows me well I got him something anyway ( I couldn't stand it) and he got me a black north face puffy coat...and I LOVE IT!!!
I got myself a pair of grey UGGS (what I deserve it.....please note goal #4) and this super cute mug from starbucks...I have been drooling over it since I saw someone post it on IG....I HAD to have it!!
His parents got me a new camera...my college camera bit the dust...we had some good times some I only remember through the camera! I love the camera they got me and I can't wait to start snappin pics again!
My mama might have won the award for gifts this year.... I have been pining over a silhouette forever! I finally have one and this just may come in hand for goal #6!
New years was spent just how I like it...lots of yummy snacks...not far from home, games, wine and family! We didn't even realize it was 3am!
But seriously this time of year always finds me a little blue...its cold...and by cold I mean friggin fragging freezing out. Who wants to go for a run when the wind chill could give you frost bite in 15 minutes....ummm yeah don't put me down for that!
In all seriousness, I had a huge wake up call....and by huge I mean the number on the damn evil whore of a scale! I literally wanted to cry and slap myself at the same time! I had reached my highest weight.....EVER....this is a HUGE deal.... I had come close before but never went over it!
My clothes are tight, I felt sick ALL OF THE time...and I don't mean I was sick...like I was full 24-7 and I felt like damn busted can of biscuits!
That is completely unacceptable to me, and I finally realized why would I want to live that way? WHY?
It dawned on me, I had always written down why I wanted to be healthy...that's easy...but WHY don't I want to be fat anymore? Why don't I want to feel miserable anymore? Seems obvious right? WRONG-O....I will more than likely struggle with food forever, but I don't need to struggle in the manner that I do right now!
Focusing on a few simple things are what I hope to get me through! I plan on hitting my goal of 30 lbs by April AND next year when I hit my "fitversary" I will have some killer before and afters!
Simple things as follows:
1. Simplify- my life, my food, my exercise
2. Exercise can be fun!- finding what works for me and not overwhelming myself with 1000 workouts erryday to the point that I quit.
3. WATER-DRINK IT DOWN!
4. Cut the Sugar, Processed, and fast food down to 1% (that is not bad when you think about it being 100% before)
and last but not least
5. ENJOY the ride.....I have always stressed myself out about trying to be perfect and comparing myself to others...this time its about ME, who I want to be, who I AM!
I could go on, BUT that would kind of negate #1 don't ya think?....
I have done super great today! I have started the Nutriburn Protein shakes and I am doing a 3 day cleanse similar to the one done with Shakeology to try and reboot my cravings and my body!
I had a shake for breakfast, a banana mid morning with some trail mix (I was starving), a shake at lunch, an orange this afternoon and for dinner I had a big ole' salad with balsalmic vinagerette smoked turkey breast and a medium baked potato (the potato wasn't really part of the deal BUT I figure a potato is a good carb and a hell of a lot better choice than what I have been eating the last few months!)
J set my "gym" up in the garage so that I could have a tv to watch while I walk (for now...running will come in good time...right now I am just focusing on getting lbs off) ** Please pray this thing doesn't give out on me...it started acting funny tonight...I just need it to work until April 11th!
The accident really got me off track and I actually had to start doing Physical Therapy (see story here), I'll share more on that another day...today I am focusing on the good and I am not ready to see the positive in the accident yet so I don't want to dwell on it!
I do plan on doing some serious challenges in the next few months...arm, abs, squat...JM with my girls Mel and Holly becauseee....
I do have some Goals/Resolutions for this year though:
Here are my top 6 (yeah I know 5 or 10 but really I like 6)
1. Back to blogging- its one of my biggest reliefs of stress and I absolutely miss my blogger friends!!! <3
2.workout at least once a day (even for just 30 minutes)
3. Try a new recipe once a week ( and share the outcome) as well as getting on board with meal planning!!!
4. Budget- this goes along with the meal planning/ but J and I will be starting the Dave Ramsey plan together after the wedding, I however am starting next week! ( I struggle with impulsive buying of small purchases......that add up way to dang fast!)
5. Take more time to enjoy my family, friends and furbabies- I want to find healthy ways to spend time together!
6. Last but not least....I want to focus on something that I have been thinking about for OVER a year...but I am not sharing just yet.....gotta keep it a secret ;) Its big though...HUGE!
What are your goals? Did you have any epiphany's after the holiday foodcoma?
Thanks for stopping by and hanging in there while I got my shit together!
What you didn't think I would share a novel the first day back did you?... ;)