01 09 10

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Almost One year older....sigh

Hello all, first of all I want to give a shout out to my friend Megan over at http://www.meganklauerdesign.blogspot.com/ she designed my page..its still a work in process but she does have to help me learn a few things...Lord help her! :) Second of all I want to apologize for spacing out my posts so much, I have recently learned I have some pretty A mazing friends-okay I mayyy have already known this- I have loyal readers :). This to me is exciting...ok enough about that and on to how I really am TERRIBLE about taking pictures when I make something new. Seriously try it some night...its incredibly difficult to remember when starting out..not to mention I have a less than perfect camera ;) It has been through quite the wear and tear...aka College..YIKES! Enough about that...I have one more day until I am officially another year older. I would say that I am sad but to my surprise I am excited to see what this year brings. I have so much I want to see and do in my lifetime that I just get excited with each year. Plus thanks to my mama, birthdays have and always will be a HUGE deal..Im talking if I don't get a cake...I may cry a little...seriously! So on to what I made yesterday...Well I was really wanting a piece of cake and since we didn't take any of the leftovers from my party saturday I was at a loss. I didn't want a big cake that I would have to stare at and want to eat..so I decided to make a "mug cake". To those of you who know what  a non-sweet person I am....this was strange, however I do LOVEEE me some cake ;). All I have ever seen are chocolate mug cakes...I know I am a freak..but I just do not care for chocolate cake...give me a piece of white cake with white buttercream frosting and I will be in Heaven. So I decided to try something different. I also am a sucker for ANYTHING lemon..yes I said ANYTHING...I have yet to eat a lemon dessert I have not liked...so here you have it

Lemon "Mug" Cake:

Dry:
5 tbsp of Whole Wheat Flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp of Baking soda
1 tbsp sugar

Liquid Ingredients
1 tbsp of oil
4 tbsp of Milk( may need extra milk if too thick)
1/2 tsp of lemon

Mix all ingredients in a bowl (I found a mug was not big enough) This could easily serve 2
Cook on high 1.5 min ( may need longer if doughy- if you cook too long it becomes dry and spongy)

Frosting:
3 TBSP of powdered sugar
1 tsp of milk ( more or less depending on consistency you like)
1 tsp of almond extract
Mix together and frost your cake :)

ENJOY! thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10