01 09 10

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas is only 3 days away?? Where has 2012 gone??

Well it has been awhile since I blogged. My apologies to those many faithful readers out there..lol...are you out there? Well presents are wrapped stockings are stuffed and groceries are bought. Plus I have a couple merry Christmas to me presents on the way! I haven't posted in awhile, I got away from loving cooking for awhile...I know I know...wtf...after baking about million cookies I realized how much I love cooking so I have many yummy foods planned for Christmas gatherings. Thursday night I decided to try a recipe from one of my new favorite bloggers MamaLaughlin. If you have not visited this blog...let me tell you it is a must, she's hilarious and has lots of great links to things such as Kiki La'Rue. If you don't have money to spend enter at own risk...it's great prices...andd you will want one of everything..I promise :-). Ok enough about other places to go lol. He is what we had for dinner on Thursday.

Skinny Chicken Pot Pie

1 rotisserie chicken
4 celery stocks
1 small vidalia onion
20 baby carrots
1/2 cup of corn
3 tbsp of fat free condensed milk (shake well...then shake some more..the stuff at the bottom settles if its been in your pantry for awhile)
1 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
11/2 tbsp corn starch (mix with a little water)
1 can red fat crescent roll

Preheat oven to 350 F
In large stock pot add in 2 c water with chopped up veggies( not corn)
Cook veggies until cooked to your liking
Shred chicken to bite size pieces( can use 4 cooked chicken breast)
Once veggies are done, drain leaving some ( about 1/2 c) of veggie stock
Pour veggie stock, chicken broth, condensed milk and corn starch mixture back in stock pot, bring to boil
Add in veggies, corn and chicken
Sprinkle w dash of salt and pepper (optional)
Let thicken slightly
Press crescent into greased 9x13 dish, pour mixture on top
Place in oven and bake for 16-18 min-( glass dish allows you to see bottom of crust, mix will be jelly like)
 Less than 300 calories per serving 1/8 of recipe...it's huge!!!!
Recipe adapted from MamaLaughlin- see link at the top

Have a very Merry Christmas!! Enjoy the treats, only a few days til next year :-) bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10