01 09 10

Monday, January 28, 2013

Skinny Enchilada Pasta...say what!?

So as I have mentioned before dinner time at our house can be somewhat stressful, discouraging because Mr. J is pickier than picky when it comes to adding vegetables into the picture. So I try to work with what he does like, and sometimes have to add extra veggies to my stuff....hence discouraging. So I of COURSE was on Pinterest, and came across this lovely recipe for Enchilada Casserole.  Well me being the impatient child of God that I am, I wanted it faster and lighter. So that's what I did, and so I give you the creation of skinny enchilada pasta skillet- I need to work on the name...that's a mouthful. I have discovered a new found love for trying to make things as light and healthy as I can. Let me tell you if I could do this all day everyday I would! :) So here is my Mr. J approved skinny pasta-still not quite there...maybe skinny enchipasta?..umm no that doesn't work either..well I guess you are stuck with the mouthful, which may be a pun on words if you enjoy this as much as we did ;)

Skinny Enchilada Skillet (I GOT IT!)

1 lb ground beef (or deer meat)
1 can enchilada sauce (or 10 oz of homemade)*
1/4 c of Non fat Greek Yogurt
3 oz fat free cream cheese
4 oz green chiles
1/2 can of black beans
dried cilantro to taste
9 oz of macaroni (or any small pasta)**
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
 Taco Sauce

Start by cooking the ground beef in a large skillet, cook how you normally would-be sure to drain off as much grease as possible
 In a separate pan bring water to a boil to slightly cook your macaroni-do NOT cook fully
Once your ground beef is cooked add in your enchilada sauce, black beans, green chiles and let simmer for 10 minutes
Add in your cream cheese, and melt completely, then add in your Greek yogurt
drain your macaroni and pour into skillet let simmer again for about 10 minutes mix in your shredded cheese and serve
Top with taco sauce, tomatoes, lettuce, etc

*I will share my recipe for this soon
**I use dreamfields as the carb count is lower and we don't care for the texture of the whole wheat

Serving: 1 cup 380 calories, 29 g protein, 17 carbs, 16g of fat, 2 g Fiber, 9 pp (WW)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10