01 09 10

Friday, August 17, 2012

Bonfires,Football, and leaves Oh MY!

IS IT FALL YET!?!?!?!? I don't know where you are reading this from but if you live in the midwest...tell me you are not ENJOYING this weather...it is 75 and sunny and I could deal with this ALL YEAR LONG!! Bonfire tonight...and NCAA football starts sooooonnnn :) Go Hawkeyes! ;)

Okay first of all let me just say T. G. I. F....seriously i have never waited soooo long for Friday to come around. I feel as though it was stalling this week..not cool Friday..not cool. So anyway we are going to basically a big reunion for all of my significant other's friends who he hung out with growing up...so this is basically a big renuion wear I know very few people, not that this is a huge issue for me but its still slitghtly scary being the "new"girl..especially with a group of girls. Ladies...I know you know what i am talking about..."the look" is enough to make your head spin. So per request I am making Jalapeno poppers with a twist. I have made these at numerous ocasions and I always get at least one recipe request and they never last long. I have got it down to a science. I must say that if going somewhere new with new people and you have to bring a dish...bring something you know will be a hit, they will never forget you...that may be good or bad! ;) In my case, I hope its good :) To all of my faithful readers...if you exist...you may have tried these before or even asked for the recipe and made them yourself..if so please post I am curious if people have made this their own as well. These aren't your typical Jalapeno popper..but can I just say they are sinfully delicious...so much that I would like to say if you are on a diet, please don't intend on eating just one, you will have a hard time doing so. With that said..I like to make mine as low cal as possible b/c they are so delicious I can't help but eat 2...or 10...don't judge me...they are serioulsy that good. ;) So I hope you are all ready for this...seriously..are you ready? Ok great!
I adapted this recipe from thecountrycook

Jalapeno Popper Remix

3 cans reduced fat crescent rolls
3 8oz cream cheese ( I use reduced fat normally but have used fat free)
1/4 c jalapeno peppers chopped ( depending on the heat, you may want to deseed)**
10 strips of low fat low sodium bacon cooked and crumbled
1/4 shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Set oven to time on crescent tube.

Let cream cheese sit out to soften, add in peppers and cooked bacon. Stir together.

Pull out one tube of crescent rolls at a time. If you do them all at once they will become too soft and hard to work with. Unroll the crescent rolls. You should see 8 triangles. You are going to cut each triangle in half so that you end up with 16 crescents/tube.

Now comes the fun part. Scoop a glob onto each crescent. I tend to overfill my puffs but they taste better that way. (I will post pics soon) Pinch your corners together so that you have what looks like a pyramid. It creates a cute little puff that is easily carried by children of all ages.

Bake in the oven for the directed amount of time on the tube. I use my stones to cook on as they tend to be on my side and not burn :)- so thoughtful of them don't you think!

Serves best HOT out of the oven :)...ok not HOT..but you do want them warm so the cream cheese is extra gooey :)

**For those of you who have friends/family or yourself who can't handle spice at all. I have made these with just bacon and they are just as great.


These are the best appetizer b/c they can be portable anywhere, great for game day, great for a bonfire ;), or even just a get together with friends. Try this and I promise you will be the hit of the party!

PS...day 2 of working out...I feel great, just a little pain ;) I am kind of a wuss! :)

Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10