01 09 10

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Old friends, new beginnings

Well I said goodbye to a dear friend yesterday, no its not forever....but I'm a girl, let's be real we can be slightly dramatic. ;-) I did however have a wonderful time remixing about all of the crazy times we had in college which of course we did over shrimp at Red Lobster, can I just take a moment and pause for the deliciousness of their parrot bay coconut shrimp....OMG yummm..the cheddar bay biscuits aren't bad either ;-). Soon to be a meal I Will replicate, and a healthier version....I mean it! :-) however it got me thinking today on how yucky I feel when I don't eat healthy...I.e put pure junk in my body. I am starting my new work out regimen tomorrow...and can I say I HATE working out...no I loathe it...about as much as the grinch hated Christmas in the beginning of the movie. So please bare with me through this journey of blogging recipes and DIY things...I am looking forward to all of the changes my life is bringing my way. Here is a recipe for my go to breakfast, well one of them...it's super yummy and only 282 calories and super filling.

Egg Sandwich Surprise

1 large egg fried( I use coconut spray)
1 large egg white
1 light whole wheat English muffin
1 slice of cheese (45 cal)
2 strips of green paper
Dash of hot sauce
1 slice of Canadian bacon (serving size is 3 slices for 90 calories)
Salt and pepper

Cook the eggs, sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper. Cook until yolk is partially cooked (or fully cooked) and egg white is fully cooked.
Toast English Muffin
Add on your fix'ns

The best part of this sandwich is that you can really make it your own you could add onions, jalapenos, bacon, etc I use these ingredients because they are the lowest calories with no harm to taste, which is what i was going for. However, for those of you who don't care if you have extra calories please PLEASE add the bacon so I can live through you! :)  For those of you who use weight watchers- this particular sandwich has 7 points plus.

If you wanted to make this SUPER convenient you could make the eggs up ahead of time in a muffin pan bake in the oven until cooked and freeze for quick breakfasts in the morning. I don't know about the rest of you but I am always late fashionably behind ;) Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by.

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10