01 09 10

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Small town kid

I am struggling right now to pinpoint exactly how I feel. Not that this is a bad thing, but I am so utterly exhausted from working at the event all day I am too tired to feel. If that makes any sense whatsoever. However I would do it again in a heartbeat and will again next summer.  I love being able to be a part of something so much bigger than myself. Our town held a 2 day celebration/ fundraiser for our small communities volunteer fire department. For those of you who know how grueling a fireman's job is...add in not being paid but doing it anyway with a lot of pride. That my friend is what you will find in a small town. Its wonderful to know that you have so many people in your community who truly care for your well being. If you have never witnessed anything like this...you are truly missing out!  I love being a part of something like this, however my feet...not so much. Lets just say if I could hire a personal masseuse...I would do it in a heartbeat! Anyway we had a street dance, tractor pull, pork chops, pork chops and more pork chops. Did I mention there were pork chops? I am telling you people come out of the wood work for these "famous" pork chop sandwiches. They truly are delicious, but after about 7 in 2 days you start to wonder if you will ever want to eat another pork chop....EVER again! However, for some strange reason I have this need to never pass up a deal. So what does this have to do with pork chops you ask? Well we had left overs so I bought not one 10 chop bag but TWO..yes I  bought 2 bags of the leftovers. I froze them of course, however the thought of eating them in the near future is unsettling. So my next task at hand...new recipes for pork chops...that don't require a bun...in about a month. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10