01 09 10

Friday, August 24, 2012

Made from scratch

So i was inspired last night after looking through my great grandma's recipe book to make my own spaghetti sauce. I must say I am in heaven looking through all of my family recipes. Next on my to do list is creating a family cookbook.

On to the sauce, I decided since my tomatoes were frozen crock pot would be best. I was right! :-)

Spaghetti sauce

2 quarts frozen crushed tomatoes
3 6oz cans tomato paste
2 tbsp minced onion
3-4 tbsp oregano
3-4 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp sweet basil
2 garlic cloves minced
Sea salt
Pepper

Thaw out tomatoes, you could use canned, i had frozen, add in all other ingredients and mix well. Set crock pot on low for 6 hours, or high for 2-3 hours. Add hamburger or just to noodles, however you prefer. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10