So I made Cheesy potatoes (recipe later) and Pulled pork on Sunday. I have never made my own pulled pork before and it was quite interesting....and by interesting I mean it is so stinkin easy I'm not sure it should be considered a real recipe at all. I am of course obsessed with Pinterest...anyone else? This is where I got the recipe. I tweaked it a little to suite our needs :).
Adapted from :S. Winstone Lane
Pulled Pork in a Crock pot
8 Boneless butterfly pork chops
Salt and Pepper
1/2 of white onion
1 Bottle of BBQ Sauce
1 Cup of water
1. My chops were thawed out, I would recommend doing this or it may become runnier than you like.
2. Rub each chop with salt and pepper ( I use sea salt and grinder pepper)
3. Sprinkle with Jalapeno Seasoning- I am very generous with my seasonings
4. slice up onion and put on top of pork chops
5. Cover with water and BBQ sauce
6. I set on low and cooked for 6 1/2 hours ( I used a smaller crock pot so I did mix the chops around a couple times)
Once the time is up, transfer pork chops and onions (optional) into your stand mixer; turn mixer on low and gradually increase speed- this will shred your chops perfectly.**
Serve with whatever fix'ns your family enjoys- we had cheesy potatoes and topped pork with homemade pickles! :) YUM!
** You can actually use your mixer to shred chicken as well as pork. Kitchen Aides are the BEST for this, but I have no doubt that other mixers would work as well just be careful with your speed settings.
Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!!