01 09 10

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hot and spicy

Well i have had multiple requests for my adaptation of the jalapeno chicken recipe i found on www.bhg.com and since I've been cutting up jalapenos all day I thought id share it. :-) This is a crock pot recipe however I was in a hurry for it so I cooked the chicken on my grill pan 3/4 of the way and then put it in the crock pot on high for about an hour. If you want to use your crock pot for the full recipe see below for instructions.

Huge hit with the picky ADULT male in my life! ;)


Jalapeno Chicken 

6 Boneless Chicken breasts
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp Jalapeno powder ( found by creole spices)
dash of salt
1/2 c fat free chicken broth
1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
6-7 slices of jalapenos chopped up
2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp water
1 8oz package reduced fat cream cheese softened and cubed

Extras: bacon tore up into tiny pieces and chives cut up

Sprinkle chicken  with chili powder and salt. Put in a 4.5-6 quart crock pot. Pour broth and lemon/lime juice over chicken and add your chopped up jalapenos.

Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2.5-3 hours.

Transfer chicken to a plate; keep chicken warm

If your heat was on low, turn it to high. In separate bowl combine corn starch and water; add in to cooking liquid once mixed well. Add cream cheese and jalapeno seasoning. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until thickened. At this point you could add in your chives or bacon. I used turkey bacon which cuts the calories.

Well I will have to start taking pictures of all my recipes now so that I can give step by steps :) On that note I am going to cut it short. Why you ask? You wanted more? Well my poor thumb fingers got a little jalapeno juice while canning salsa and cutting up jalapenos for dehydrating. So note to all of you jalapeno newbies out there...if you are going to cut up 50+ jalapenos WEAR GLOVES...I can NOT stress this enough...maybe the bold, enlarged letters will help me remember next time ;)...yes this is the second time...so no one should feel sorry for me. However, if you do...bless your little heart!! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10