01 09 10

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Where have I been?! plus Spagetthi Squash Alfredo

Well first off let me start by saying SORRY!! I have been slightly MIA since last Wednesday, but I will tell you why today!

This weekend was absolutely insane, and I didn't get even close to everything done that I wanted to accomplish! However, I did take care of some big things!!

Thursday night was nuts, I knew I was off Friday so I was trying to get a ton of things done, and then we had a HUGE monsoon hit us....ok maybe not a monsoon but torrential down pour YES. I swear in a matter of minutes our streets were flooded! Here are some of the photos I took, walking about 20 feet to my car I got soaked!!!

I looked like I lost the battle between me and a super soaker with a 5 year old on the other end! I had a serious wet dog look going on...which might I add is always a super cute look! ;)

I planned to get groceries and a few other things I needed for a project (which I still don't have), obviously neither happened.

Friday morning I woke up way later than planned, I was supposed to be at my mom's early to help set up for the yard sale (now I remember why we haven't done one in years...sooo much work).

I ended up making breakfast for J and his buddy, they helped me load my car up to take crap to my mom's. I felt like I was moving to college all over again..ya know when your car is so jam packed you can hardly see out the back window plus there's crap on your front seat! Yeahhh I was that person driving down the road!

Friday night seemed to fly by, we drove up to look at another vehicle for J to drive back n forth to work ( about a 45 minute drive)...he needs a work vehicle b/c his other is a 3/4 ton truck that just gets AMAZING gas mileage! ;)  I ended up leaving him at the dealership to meet someone buying a couple things and then decided I was already there I might as well get groceries...ummm needless to say J was not so pleased..turns out his phone died and he had been waiting for me for almost an hour...oops! ;)

Saturday morning seemed to just jump right at me...J left early as well to go get our new baby girl...(new post to come...I have fur babies).  I was leaving to go to my moms and decided ok Trigger (65 lb German short hair), lets get in the car and go to grandma's. I should mention that we have the MOST nervous dog ever! He hasn't ever been to my mom's (great plan Linds), needless to say we were there a half hour I had to turn around and take him back home so he didn't have a heart attack!

Yard sale went pretty good but we still had crap left over...why thank you Good will for taking all unwanted JUNK!  I was pretty happy with how it went, minus the fact that I was freezing my buns off! Needless to say we definitely won't be having another one until after we are married!

Here is the recipe I said I would share Friday:

Spaghetti Squash Alfredo with Chicken and Broccoli

  1 large/medium spaghetti squash
  1 tbsp butter
  2 tsp minced garlic
  2 tbsp non bleached flour
  1 1/2 Almond Milk (or whatever kind of milk you use)
  1 1/2 oz light cream cheese
 1 cup fresh Parmesan
  3 cups broccoli florets (cooked)
  6 grilled chicken strips (about 3 oz a serving for 2 strips)
 salt and pepper

1. place squash on a baking pan stab holes in like you would a potato before cooking...this is very important!
2. bake squash for AT LEAST an hour at 350
3. Melt cream cheese
4. place butter in a sauce pan let melt, then add garlic and simmer for 10 minutes; add a tbsp of flour at a time and whisk together
5. add in milk slowly to help smooth out clumps

6. add in cream cheese; stir until well mixed then add 1/2 of Parmesan
7. chop up your broccoli and dice the chicken

Once the squash is done; cut it in half and scoop out the seeds; then use a spoon or fork to scrape out your squash. If using a large squash I got about 3 LARGE MEALS.

Top with your broccoli and chicken for a full meal high on taste low on calories!
I didn't have any broccoli so it was just chicken! :)

Happy Tuesday!!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10