01 09 10

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I said YES to the DRESS!!!

So as I said earlier I would do another post on this moment.

Not because I want it to be about my wedding.

Not because I want to be negative about how I don't look how I want to right now.

I wanted a separate post because this is a life altering moment for any girl.  I have been engaged since April 25th, but it wasn't until Sunday at 2:30 that I felt like a bride.

My appointment was at 12:30.  I tried on 5 different dresses and the 5th dress was the one I chose!

Ironically enough our anniversary is on December 5th....hmmm coincidence...what do you think!?

I decided to go dress shopping now before I was "ready" and by that I mean smaller....who wants to try on a white dress when they feel like a barn....notice I said FEEL!!!!

I don't post my feelings on here for others to tell me how beautiful I am, I post them because I know that others have these same feelings and guess what...its OK!

Feelings are NEVER the issue..its what you do with them that can be harmful!

I got to the store..that by the way I had told everyone I KNEW I wouldn't get my dress at...but I was blessed with a WONDERFUL assistant...she was so sweet!!

As I put on dress one...and it zipped up although slightly snug...I didn't care at that point, I was FINALLY feeling like a grown up!

I knew that in 10 months and 10 days I would no longer be a Ms. or Miss I would be a Mrs.

Those that know me know that all I have ever wanted was to be a wife and mother I'm on my way to half way there! :)

Dress one was a perfect dress to try on first..I loved it, it was gorgeous and it fit me!

I didn't feel huge, I felt pretty, which is how brides are supposed to feel.

Dress 2 was ehhhh, I didn't feel awful in it but it was NOT me!

Dress 3 was gorgeous and I loved it...once I had on the one that fit. I felt like Jackie O in that dress.

 * no sneak peak for this dress it looks similar to the one I chose ;)

For those of you who are just joining let me give you a side bar....I am a lover of most things vintage...especially those from the 20's and 40's. Those are my favorite eras.

I feel like the women from those eras were so classy and lady like...and although I am not those things all the time through actions. I always try to wear things that are classy and remind me of Audrey Hepburn!

Dress 4 was pretty, but it was little to "fairy like" for me, by that I mean I felt like a giant Tinkerbell with a white dress. The only thing I was missing was a wand! ;)

Dress 5......Dress 5, when I came out of the dressing room- which by the way are super small when you are trying on huge dresses- tears started flowing. Everyone just loved the dress, I still wasn't sure.

The assistant brought over the  veil and then my MOH started crying...I lost it!

For some reason though I just couldn't get the "ah ha moment". So I tried to pull my hair to the side like I want it to look like, and asked for a hair comb to try.

Tried a few and settled on the simplest one.  Then I asked for the veil one more time.

I am pretty sure the reason I had doubted that dress was because I wasn't sure I wanted to admit that I had found it yet...only because that meant one thing...I had to think about the day of and who wouldn't be there!

So far to this point my dad hadn't really popped in my head a lot while wedding planning, although I think about him everyday its not something I like to be sad about.

Once I had all of the pieces in play I looked in the mirror and KNEW "I am getting married in this dress".

The place where I got my dress has a little tradition. Once you pick your dress and its THE dress, they give you a bell and tell you to close your eyes, make a wish and then ring the bell once you open your eyes.

This gives you a little extra luck for a long happy marriage!

I of course was crying as she explained it and then she had to repeat herself because I had no clue what I was supposed to do...luckily everyone laughed! ;)

Bring it on #operationweddingdress BRING IT ON!

Dress will appear on blog in approximately 11 months :)


To celebrate I OBVIOUSLY ended with a Margarita! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10