01 09 10

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

about that yummy food...

So of course I am terrible at taking pictures, because I have a craptastic camera. So I PROMISE when I get my iPhone, I will start taking pictures of my food/recipes! :)

Ok, so I am sure you are wondering what yummy skinny meal I have come up with today, or maybe not, but in that case...too bad for you! So last night I was going to make Enchiladas, but realized I didn't have any of J's flour tortillas- I usually do half flour and half "La Tortilla" brand. So I decided that I had some corn tortillas I needed to use up, and had seen either on pinterest or the Chew the idea of Enchilada Lasagna. I did not look up a recipe, I just used what I use in my enchiladas (minus the green chiles ,we were out BOO!!!)

I was super hungry for Mexican food- lets get real...I am ALWAYS HUNGRY for Mexican food. If  you know me, you know that there is ALWAYS salsa in my house, and in the summer its homemade ( I ran out of our canned salsa through the winter- probably going to make 5 batches this year). To keep myself on track, I prepped the "lasagna" and had it ready to pop in the oven, while it baked I did my workout- ya know I told you I would try the Turbo Fire if I couldn't run outside. If you live in the Midwest, you know that in a matter of minutes we went from rain to snow- seriously I was utterly confused as to what had just happened.
         Side note- Turbo Fire kicked my bootay! I will be doing it again tonight, and I will definitely be purchasing this craziness!!!

Skinny Enchilada Lasagna

1 small can of Enchilada sauce( could sub homemade)
1 can of fat free re-fried beans
8 oz of Monterrey Cheese (shredded)
3/4 cup of Plain Greek Yogurt (fat-free)
1 cup of corn
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 lb ground meat ( I used deer burger)
taco seasoning packet
9-12 corn tortillas
1 can of green chiles
3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese (Mexican blend) (if needed)

Preheat oven to 350

1. For the "meat mixture, I put about 1/2 the enchilada sauce into a bowl, added re-fried beans and corn- mix
2. Add in Greek yogurt, and spices
3. Cook ground meat, drain grease, add in taco seasoning- let simmer as usual; add in bean mix
4. place a thin layer of the enchilada sauce in a 9x13 dish; then a layer of the meat mix
5. layer 2 full tortillas and 1 tortilla cut in half- pan should be fairly covered by tortillas there will be spaces
6. cover tortillas with meat mix, then sprinkle cheese
7. repeat 5&6 until mix is gone- you can be fairly generous with the mix- I had to use 12 tortillas because I was afraid I would run out of mix, and I had too much left over
8. Once your mix is gone, and your last layer of tortillas is on top (no mix on top) pour the rest of your sauce and sprinkle any cheese you have left.
9. Bake for 30 minutes

*I topped mine with taco sauce and diced tomato- you get a huge portion for around 350 calories ( each portion is 1/8 of pan- calories will change with different meat ( deer meat is very lean) also account for extra cheese- all of the ingredients listed are accounted for- THIS IS SOOO YUMMY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10