01 09 10

Friday, February 15, 2013

Tips I've learned so far

Happy Friday (yeah I know almost Saturday) Hollaa!
So as I was talking to my mama this morning, she mentioned how she wanted a list of tips on foods, exercises etc. Well that got me thinking, I have learned a lot of little easy tips through my journey so far and I thought some of you would love to know them!

Here are some tips to help you stay on track:
1. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS carry your own snacks- I NEVER leave home with out at least an apple or baggie of almonds.
2. Drink as much water as possible a day- ok that's not my tip, my tip? USE A STRAW- I don't know what it is about a straw but I drink close to triple the amount of water with one vs with out. Also get yourself a pretty water bottle (or Jug if you are like me -52oz baby).
3.DO NOT KEEP JUNK in your house...this is A MUST. and by junk I mean your downfall foods, if you can't resist it, don't keep it in your house.
4. Keep some sort of raw veggie on hand at all times- this one is hard as it is expensive, but I have started buying green giant's pre cut veggie bags- way cheaper than the grocery store version, and sometimes you can get them on sale ;)
5. Another easy tip to go along with 4, on grocery day, whatever day that may be for you, pre cut ALL of your veggies (celery, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower) so that it is ready to snack when you are
6. This is probably my favorite tip, I learned this while attempting the carb cycles- CHECK the SUGAR content ON EVERYTHING, things that are "light" or "fat-free" replace the fat with sugar- sugar turns to fat in your body!  I am guilty of eating low fat or fat free greek yogurt, but just make yourself aware of them
7.A good rule of thumb for ingredients- If you can't read most of the ingredients- DON'T put it in your body!
8. Make your plate colorful, try to have at least 3 colors on your plate ( green, red, orange, yellow, etc)
9. Use salad plates for your main meal ( I love this and you really do eat less)
10. Fill Half your plate with vegetables- no I do not mean starchy vegetables, get over your childhood fears and try something green. I have a great marinade for Asparagus that I could probably eat the whole batch in one sitting

Well I know that you probably know most of these, but I want to encourage you all to try one you don't already do. Just one thing daily can make such a huge change in the way you feel and look. I know I can tell a huge difference when I haven't eaten many veggies that day. After awhile your body will start craving the good stuff, and you won't want the bad stuff anymore. If you are just starting out on your own journey feel free to add tips you have learned, I have many more, but thought ten was a good starter! Party on Wayne its the Weekend! Whoop Whoop!

P.S. If you haven't noticed, I LOVE making lists ;)

I hope you enjoyed my tips on this lovely Friday. It may be cold, but I will take a Cold Friday over a warm Monday, ok maybe not, But I LOVEEEE Friday!

                                                     xoxo, Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10