01 09 10

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Do Diet fads work?...part 2

Thanks for coming back for the second part ;) I didn't want to bore you with an extremely long post- what I have a lot of experience with yo-yo's ;)

Going into the summer before senior year of college I decided to try Weight Watchers, my 2 best girl friends had been doing it for years, and it just seemed easy- we spent all summer together. I lost 30 lbs ( NO i am not down 90 lbs at this point), after yo-yoing...A LOTTTTT, I decided that this seemed like a healthy alternative, hmmm seemed. Had I done this properly it would have been healthy, and for the most part I was more healthy than I had ever been, but weekend binge drinking every weekend and not eating before going out to save calories is far far FAR from healthy. So of course Senior year is stressful, and I date a complete Jack wagon 2nd semester and gain weight back. I lost weight again in the summer, but then injured my ankle. Now to explain all my other "fads"  insert DIET PILLS....THERE IS NO SUCH THING as a MAGIC PILL. Seriously if you think a pill will take care of your healthy problems and you change NOTHING else, I am here to tell you IT WILL NOT work, and if it does, it is TEMPORARY.

The January before I met J I did a weight loss challenge at work and I would have won had someone not cheated, but alas I got second ( I'm not bitter I swear). I did a great job and got down to my lowest again. I felt amazing and it showed, still not there on the exercising...whomp whomp. So had an AMAZING summer- love my girls and being single in the summer has perks ;). That December J and I met through a friend (bless his heart). So begins the stages of comfort. I didn't realize HOW HARD it was to eat healthy when you are dating someone. Seriously if you have never been single and trying to lose weight you have no idea how hard it is to lose with someone, especially a someone who hates all things green. Its a work in progress ;). I slowly started packing on the lbs, and I am not sure at what point I noticed, all I know is I couldn't fit into my clothes anymore and I felt gross.

So about a year ago I decided to try Vemma Bode. It was a program I didn't have to order meals, drink shakes, etc. Guess what it worked, however I had to eat a low carb cycle diet- This was really difficult for me to get used to. I don't regret doing this program, however due to costs and my ability to not just eat proteins some days, I decided it wasn't for me. I did however take some tricks with me. Ahhh finally learning things. I did lose weight, and I started the c25k program, and I was really looking and feeling AMAZEBALLS, however I re-injured my ankle and it was like 150 degrees outside, so running went on the way side. Now we have reached the fall, I am trying, but just not able to lose. Not sure if I was really trying or not. :S

So right before Thanksgiving, I decided to try Advocare, again really cashy but supposed to be great. ( Oh I forgot the Green coffee bean pills, and Red Raspberry Ketone pills before) I tried a couple pills, it seemed to work, but it was the holidays and of course we know what that means. So we are almost caught up, I am done with the Advocare and when I finished found a couple blogs, and realized what am I doing?! I am a strong person and I got this. I know I can do this on my own by simply watching what I eat and counting calories- I have done it before and it worked. So I set off on my journey to do this purely on my own. No supplements, no shakes, magic pills, JUST ME. And I am now almost 10 lbs down and I can't tell you how amazing it feels to KNOW that I did this on my own. ALL BY MYSELF, just ME!  I am starting to run again, and adding in weights. I signed up for my first 5k in June and I can not wait

I know I don't have many readers, and that's ok, the point of this is to help someone else out there like Mama Laughlin and Skinny Meg helped me. It is possible to do this on your own, and I love telling my friends everything I learn- seriously about 5 times a day I give food tips its ridiculous. Let me know if you would love a food tip post. I feel some days my brain overflows with them :) I hope you have found some inspiration in this blog or this post, You are not alone on your journey. Now get off your butt and go work it out!

                                                xoxo, Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10