01 09 10

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Superbowl skinny treats..right up my alley

Well Super Bowl Sunday has come and gone and we all know what that means...spring is rapidly approaching and summer is after that...seriously I know I sound obsessed but holy Moses this time thing can just take a chill pill. So Super bowl Sunday is supposed to be about watching  the commercials and the halftime show football right? Sure...but you have forgotten one minor detail...what do you need while watching said football?...yummy delicious snacks that are usually so high in calories and fat that you consume 2 days worth of calories in one afternoon..GAHHH...that takes the entire fun out of eating the yummies right?! Oh you silly silly readers...have you forgotten that I am on a serious journey!??! I mean really I love the cheesy hamburger dip, the wings, the veggie pizza( made full fat), the poppers, the Texas sheet cake- yes we had this every year and O M G...I think I could eat that cake at least once a week, however that does not fall into my plan for getting skinny and FIT! So here are a few recipes to the list of recipes I tried out on Sunday- um and don't banish me but I totally watched Sex and the City 2 instead of the game, and I am completely OK with it! (the one time having a hunter bf vs a sports fanatic bf plays to my advantage ;)). So first off, I have been DYING to try these roasted chickpeas I have seen all over pinterest, so I did.

Spicy Roasted Chickpeas

1 can of Garbanzo Beans ( i.e. Chickpeas)
3 tbsp of EVOO
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp of smoked paprika
1 tsp of  cumin
 Sea Salt

Rinse and dry beans
preheat oven to 450 pour oil onto a cookie sheet with sides
place pan in oven until oil is hot
mix beans and spices together minus the salt
once oil is hot place beans in a single layer onto baking sheet sprinkle with salt
Bake until crisp about 10-15 min

**Best when served immediately, but still delicious after being in sealed container :)
Original recipe here:
Roasted Chickpeas

And now to the desert....Umm who seriously can say they don't like chocolate and peanut butter together?!!? Umm Liars...I kid I kid..but seriously!? ok so here are my skinny PB brownie cupcakes

Skinny Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes
Serves 21-24
Preheat oven to 400

1 Brownie Mix ( I had light on hand but any mix will do)
1 can Libby's Pumpkin (pure pumpkin not pie filling)
3 tbsp of PB2 (Powdered Peanut Butter)
1/5 tbsp of water- you will need to add more, but wait till after powder sugar is added
2 tbsp powder sugar

For the PB mixture:
mix the PB2 powder with water- it will seem really thick
add in your powder sugar-now comes the "tricky" part- you can not nuke this pb like regular pb it comes out like a paste- yuck- so what worked for me is just adding water until you get a more liquid texture much like melted pb

brownie part:
mix your brownie mix and pumpkin together

Take a med scoop and put a scoop into each cupcake liner once your liners are full and batter is gone you are going to drizzle your pb sauce onto each cupcake and then using a toothpick slightly mix- creating a marbled look

each cupcake is about 115 calories (for 21) less if you get 24 I filled my liners a little more than I should have.
Bake at 400 for 25 minutes, they will seem gooey but I promise they are done!! you can refrigerate a few and freeze the rest if you don't have a big crowd- then you have some for later :)


Whew, okay so there were two of my Superbowl treats, I tried a few others but didn't quite like their outcome..YET! :) Until next time my lovely readers..are you out there?! What was your favorite Superbowl treat!?

                                               xoxo, Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10