01 09 10

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Beginning of #OperationWEDDINGdress

So lets just get this out there in the open. I have had a pretty rocky journey so far. I have stumbled a few times, sprinted off the band wagon and leaped straight into some old habits.

I have been miserable. I have been so caught up in how much I have not been getting out of work that it has consumed me. I was no longer enjoying the rest of my time OUTSIDE of work. Why is it that work can be so mundane and seem to drag you down when it is only 8 of your 24 hours in a day and 40 hours out of 168 of your whole week. This does not make sense to me at all.

I digress.

Since last Thursday night, minus being sick over the weekend, I have had this sudden urge of pure joy. I literally feel like I am on cloud 9. I can't help but think why did this little piece of jewelery have such a huge impact on me.  If you missed my engagement post you can find it HERE.

My day just keeps getting better I finally got this in the mail after waiting weeks, now my phone is as blingy as my ring ;)
Isn't she a beauty!

I don't think that is what it was at all. It's not the ring exactly, although it is a gorgeous ring ( J knows me well- he picked it out all on his own) Its the meaning that goes with the ring. I have finally found my soul mate after lots and LOTS of Frogs..and I MEAN LOTS! Girrrl you don't know, but that's a different story in itself!

I am a pretty big traditionalist, i.e. I am totally fine being at home in the kitchen with babies everywhere. I am pretty sure feminists world wide just screamed! Don't care, I think it's great that women have so many choices these days, but that is a choice that I would choose for myself.  Since I was old enough to walk and talk I have had a baby and would play house.

I am sure there are a lot of girls out there that grew up like that, but I never could let go of that feeling that one of my big reasons for being here was to be a wife and mama. I am finally getting that moment, well the first one for now anyway! ;) No babies just yet!

On to #Operationweddingdress, I will be using the crap out of this hashtag on Instagram click on my social button to follow me!

I am determined to cry happy tears when trying on a wedding dress. I want to feel good inside and out. Right now I feel ok, I am determined by August to be well on my way to meeting most of my goals.! Here are my goals, I am putting them out there for accountability!! Although at this point, I don't know that I even need the accountability from others, as I am going to be on myself like white on rice to get this shit done!

Goals:
1. Jillian Michael's arms- who wants bat wings in wedding pictures...ughhh not this girl!- Achieve by lifting 3-4x a week while increasing weights

2. Defined back- I want to be able to wear any dress and not be worried about the dreaded back fat..GROSS- see achievement goal 1

3. My stomach has always been an issue for me so as long as I feel comfortable in a bikini I'm gonna consider it a win- and comfortable doesn't mean look like a super model. I am realistic people- Achieve by doing abs twice a week on top of weights and cardio

4. Run a 5k in under 30 minutes- or 28 minutes to be exact- its a goal set by my Marine cousin- they mean business so I don't want to mess with that ;)- Achieve by finally finishing C25K- I will do this and I will do it before June 1st!

5. Enjoy the ride- I don't want to stress about food, weight or any other bull shit while planning this glorious time in my life. Achieve by following 1-4, food journaling, and giving into temptation every now and then ( Girls I love me some cake, that may be a cheat meal in itself ;))

I intend on enjoying my planning, and all of the festivities to come. Can we say bachelorette party?! Holla!

What are your #operation.......goals? How are you going to achieve them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10