01 09 10

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Advocare Day 9 and Clean Salmon Cakes

So last night I decided to try something different for dinner, b/c lets face it if I eat one more piece of grilled chicken I may barf. I love chicken but this is getting ridiculous!

I woke up this morning and thought ok Day 9 bring it, right now I am wishing I would have just stayed in bed.( I just love hormones...bitches) So I drank my second to last fiber drink...HALLELUJAH...actually I didn't think they were that bad :).

Last night I did my day 1 of TurboFire, can't get myself up in the morning....daylight savings can suck it and so can this virus or bacteria that has invaded my lungs and causing coughing fits all dang night.  I did feel much better after a sweat last night, so I will be forcing another sweat tonight...and hopefully a run in as well...we shall see how much I feel like barfing as the day progresses ( I know you wanted that detail ;)).

So on to the salmon cakes, I would love to chat more with y'all but I am just not feelin it today. I did  however want to share this quite yummy dish.

Clean Salmon Cakes

12 oz wild caught salmon- mine was frozen
3 egg whites
1/2 cup Brown rice bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1-2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp lemon pepper
1 tsp cayanne pepper (optional)
1 small onion chopped up fine
1/2 green pepper chopped up fine (optional)
1-2 tbsp grape seed oil or EVVO
2 lemon wedges (to squeeze over when done)

Mix all ingredients together except oil
form into patties ...it may be easier to get the amount you want and put it in the hot pan and flatten that way-its very VERY sticky
Cook until it doesn't seem mushy when you push on it- make sure your pan is low heat...they will burn

Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:

 2 tsp honey mustard
dash of balsamic vinegar
dash of sesame oil

mix together and eat with salmon cakes

Thanks for stopping by, let me know what you think of these babies!

                                                xoxo, Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10