01 09 10

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Clean Fajitas and Day 4!

So its Thursday!! Whoop!! I am soooo excited that tomorrow is Friday! Why? ummm because its Friday..duh! ;)

So onto the cleanse..I am currently on Day 4 which means no Fiber drink this AM, I am starting to struggle with the eating fruit for breakfast...I miss my eggs! :( But I haven't broken yet! I have done really good with the eating so far...adding in the workouts has still been a struggle since I completely effed up my shoulder somehow :(...I was in tears several times yesterday, went to the chiro..its definitely feeling better..but I don't want to disrupt what she fixed...so TONIGHT is the night! and I don't care if I have to heat up my shoulder for three hours after I am doing this shiz tonight!

I will say I have been a lot more productive because of two things..no food shows and no pinterest...GAH..I said it...seirously do you know how many cheesey goodness recipies are on there?!?! Skinny or not this girl can't have cheese for another 6.5 days...I may die. I can promise you this..I am on the HUNT for a Seriously yummy gluten free pizza crust- I have tried the cauliflower and thats great and all but I need it to be like a crustttttt from say Happy Joes...yes..I want Happy Joes...but I will refrain UNTIL Day 11 then I will be making my own Taco pizza from SCRATCH! I just really need a good crust recipe that isn't going to make me feel bad for eating an extra slice. I have tried probably 4 or 5 different crusts...and they are all either soggy, too dense, or tough...thats the worst. Seriously have you eaten tough dough before?! I don't know about you, but when I bite into my beloved pizza I shouldn't feel like my teeth are being yanked out!

So on to the Clean Fajitas..I had a picture but Instagram wont let me use it...bitches..that's my picture dang it.  So here is the recipe I will update the post with a picture when instagram stops being a selfish bicsh!

Clean Fajitas
Fajita seasoning: see below
2 tbsp oil (I might try water next time to omit the extra fat that didn't seem necessary)
1 lb of chicken
1/2 cup of black beans
Fresh Salsa- around 1/2 cup
1/2 cup of corn
**can add shrimp if you like just balance with the shrimp
2 green peppers
1 medium onion

Fajita seasoning: I used the recipe here but omitted the corn starch for "clean" purposes

Preheat oven to 400
Slice up your onion and pepper in long strips. set aside
Spray your 9x13 pan
cut up your chicken into tiny strips, place into dish (if you used shrimp place these in as well-REMOVE tail)
mix the oil or water with 3 tablespoons of your seasoning; spread over meat and mix up with tongs
add in your peppers, onion, salsa, black beans, and corn
mix together with tongs
place in oven uncovered for about 40 minutes or until chicken and veggies are cooked to your liking

Portion size is around 1/8 of the pan- trust me its plenty!!

Pair with corn tortillas, or over brown rice with lettuce.
WARNING-THESE SMELL AMAZING, make sure to just eat your portion ;)

I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!! I love Mexican food and will definitely be using this recipe even after I am done with the cleanse.

                                                        xoxo, Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10